Master (M2) mention économie parcours type Economics of Markets & Organizations (EMO)
Résumé de la formation
- Type de diplôme : Master (LMD)
- Niveau d'étude visé : BAC +5
- Domaine d'étude : Economie
Accessible en :
- Formation initiale
How do markets function? How do corporations make their strategic choices? What are the determinants of the demand structure and the cost structure in a market? What are their relationships with the structure of this market and with the firms’ behavior? The Master 2 TSE - "Economics of Markets and Organizations" (EMO) prepares students to provide answers to this type of questions.
The M2 EMO program combines a solid training in industrial organization, regulatory economics, and econometrics that give students a real expertise in the analysis of strategic aspects of a market, the identification of the determinants of the firms’ economic performance in a market, and the evaluation of policies aimed at improving the market efficiency.
Students with the M2 EMO - TSE profile master the analytical tools that allow them to model the key economic relationships in an industry. These students have also acquired the ability to perform a sharp diagnosis of the nature of the strategic interaction among the dominant players in a sector and on the key performance parameters of the sector.
Courses are taught in English by TSE faculty members with well-established international reputation in the areas of theoretical and applied industrial organization. This academic training is completed with conferences given by professionals with strong experience of the functioning of real-world markets.
Admission is based on academic excellence. An undergraduate degree of at least 4 years of college or a Master’s degree is required with a curriculum considered as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE selection committee. Working knowledge of English is also required.
Pour les étudiants titulaires d'un diplôme français :
Pour les étudiants titulaires d'un diplôme étranger :
Contenu de la formation
- Competition & Market Strategies
- Business Strategy
- Two courses among :
- Economics of Innovation and Intellectual Property
- Workshop on the Law & Economics of Competition Policy
- Time series and economic forecasting
- Quantitative Analysis for competition and networks
- The economics of energy markets and networks
- Four courses among :
- Industrial Organization of The Food Industry
- Air Transport Economics
- Economic Analysis of Infrastructure and Network Industries
- Incentives and Regulation
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Topics in Applied Industrial Organization
- Empirical Industrial Organization
- Industrial Organization
Each student must choose 4 courses (30 hours each) in each semester.
To obtain the EMO Master’s degree, students need to complete eight 36-hour courses
And to either :
- do an internship within a firm (public or private), a financial institution (bank, insurance), a government institution (competition or regulatory authority), or a research laboratory, and write an internship report
- Write a Master Thesis under the supervision of a TSE faculty.
Renseignements sur les formations et l'orientation :
Toulouse School of Economics
Bureau des Masters TSE
Bâtiment A -1er étage - MA 106
Manufacture des Tabacs
31015 Toulouse Cedex 6
Phone : + (33) (0)5 67 73 27 87
E-mail : studentsrecruitment @ ut-capitole.fr (studentsrecruitment @ ut-capitole.fr)
Site : http://ecole.tse-fr.eu/en