Master (M2) mention Droit international parcours type International economic law-MINTEC
Résumé de la formation
- Type de diplôme : Master (LMD)
Accessible en :
- Formation initiale
The Master’s degree (M2*) in International Economic Law (MINTEC) aims at giving students a thorough knowledge of international economic legal issues.
The programme focuses mainly on the study of the World Trade Organisation, of the European Union in an economic perspective and of international economic development. The MINTEC also aims at providing students with some basic knowledge of international law, contracts and markets regulations. The syllabus also aims at giving international students the basics in French legal methodology and in French as a foreign language.
The M2 INTEC is composed of two semesters of mandatory courses.
Two tracks are available: the Research track and the Professional track.
- Students opting for the Research track must write a dissertation. When the programme is successfully completed, students who have chosen this track may apply for a PhD.
- Students opting for the Professional track must do an internship (minimum 3 months) and write a report.
According to the French grading system, the master’s degree is a national diploma recognised in the European Union countries and which is equivalent to a Legum Magister (LL.M.).
* In the French system, the master program is divided into two years : Master 1 (first-year of Master) and Master 2 (second-year of Master). It is possible to apply either for Master 1 or Master 2.
- A four-year degree in law is required, equivalent to 240 ECTS (European credits) and preferably specialised in international and european legal issues, but not exclusively. Other qualifications and area of study may be considered by the admission committee.
- A first professional experience in the field of economics, law or management is highly appreciated. Students must have an adequate command of the English language to enrol. An applicant's English proficiency level may be demonstrated by means of score reports of recognized exams, tests or certificates (equivalent to B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) or by any relevant means (study experience in a program taught in English…).
The admission committee will assess your application based on academic results, English proficiency, personal experiences (international and/or professional) and motivation.
The tuition fees are 3000 €, without regard to nationality, including a study trip to Bruxelles.
APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION
- All the candidates have to submit a paper application. This application form will be downloadable from this page in mid April.
- The assessment of the application is based on academic achievements, English proficiency, personal experiences (international and/or professional) and motivation.
- Deadline of the sending : 20 May 2016 (as attested by postmark)
- We will let you know whether or not you have been admitted in June.
- IMPORTANT. Non European Union applicants : according to your country of origin and/or residence, you may have to follow a specific process with an earlier deadline. Get in touch with the Campus France office in your country.
- If you are selected for this program, the registration will take place at the university in September.
Contenu de la formation
from September to April (courses) and April to September (thesis or internship)
Module 1 – European Organizations (45h – 10 ECTS)
European Union Construction (9h)
Litigation Strategy in a European Context (9h)
Single Market & Foreign Goods/Services and Foreigners (9h)
Selected Issues of EU Competition Law (12h)
Module 2 – International Trade Organisation (41h – 8 ECTS)
Regional Trade Agreements, comparative study (20h)
World Trade Organisation (18h)
Module 3 – International Law (36h – 6 ECTS)
Current Issues of Public International Law (12h)
Current issues of private international law (21h)
Module 4 – Contracts and companies (27h – 5 ECTS)
Negotiations & Drafting of Contracts (6h)
International company law (9h)
Comparative contract law (12h)
Module 5 – International Investment and Finance (24h – 5 ECTS)
Module 6 – Regulation of Markets & Litigation (36h – 6 ECTS)
Evolution of State intervention (12h)
Law and Development (12h)
International Arbitration (12h)
Methodology / Language (obligatoire)
English or French (25 h)
Documentary Researches (3h)
Module 9 – Master thesis (Research Path) or Internship (3 months minimum) + Report (Professional Path) (20 ECTS)
Et après ...
PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC OPPORTUNITIES :
Students that obtain the M2 INTEC have several legal job opportunities, and especially those in relation with international economic law. The programme provides them with the skills needed to hold positions in law firms, companies but also in public services, and international or European institutions.
Students opting for the Research Track can pursue academic research.
- Ecole Européenne de Droit
2 rue du doyen Gabriel Marty - bureau AR334
31042 TOULOUSE CEDEX
0033 5 61 63 38 84 Fax : 33 5 61 63 37 93
Email address: esl @ ut-capitole.fr (esl @ ut-capitole.fr)
Service des Formations Professionnalisées
Bureau AR 120
2 rue du Doyen Gabriel Marty
31042 Toulouse Cedex 9
Tél : 0033 (0)126.96.36.199.17.
Mail : Scolformprof11@ut-capitole.fr (Scolformprof03 @ ut-capitole.fr)